A recent JupiterResearch survey commissioned by Convio indicates that on-line donors may give more than $3 billion during the 2008 holiday season.
* More than 89 million people plan to give in November and December 2008.
* Most (67%) plan to give the same or more as last year, while 33% will give less because of the economy.
* 54% of women and 48% of men expect to give.
On-line donors are most likely to support these types of organizations:
* human and social services groups, like food banks and homeless shelters (41%)
* faith-based organizations (34%)
* disease and health service organizations (33%)
* animal welfare organizations (24%)
* disaster and international relief organizations (22%).
- 45% of women plan to give to a human or social service organization.
- 35% of men will give to human or social services organization.
Donors expect to use the following tools to make on-line donations.
* Charity Web sites (27 percent)
* E-mails from family and friends (15 percent)
* Charity information and evaluation sites (10 percent)
For more information, go to www.convio.com/holiday2008.
A FORGOTTEN GREAT PASSAGE FROM KEROUAC
2 hours ago